Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Living the Web 2.0 Read/Write Web

For my last “elective” course in the M.Ed. graduate program, I want to design my own “independent study” course that would be a creative endeavor, utilize my instructional design and technology skills and experience, and tap into a new area that I haven’t explored yet – Web 2.0 tools. I want to learn about useful Web 2.0 tools such as blogs, wikis, social bookmarking, podcasts, RSS, and multimedia – how to use these tools and how they can apply in educational contexts for teaching and learning.

While learning about these tools, I plan to design and develop a “course” that can be delivered in a Web-enhanced, hybrid/blended, and/or fully online learning environment that will be beneficial to educators – faculty in higher education, K-12 in-service teachers, graduate students in M.Ed., M.A.T. and education certificate endorsement programs, and undergraduate education majors seeking teacher certification. Based on graduate research I have done and from my teaching experience in K-12 schools and higher education, I see there is a need to prepare in-service and preservice teachers in schools and higher education with the knowledge, skills, and hands-on real-world experiences to integrate technology into curriculum content areas. I have obtained university approval and also a faculty member to sponsor me in this endeavor and have one semester to accomplish my goals before I graduate in May '08. It’s a pretty tall order, so wish me luck!

(image source: http://www.learnit2.com/tutorial%20018/index.html)

No comments: